#reverb10 prompt, day 14: Appreciate. What’s the one thing you have come to appreciate most in the past year? How do you express gratitude for it?
Do you ever have one of those days where you think to yourself, “man I really could use a phone call from a friend right now just telling me how fabulous I am”?
Or if you feel like sitting down in a muddy gutter full of leaves and waiting there in the rain until someone comes looking for you, do you ever pick up the phone to call a friend and ask her to tell you how fabulous you are?
Didn’t think so.
I’m lucky to have a few friends who take those calls from me and are still my friend. But you can’t make those kind of calls every day, right? Even if you need someone to tell you how fabulous you are for like 119 days in a row.
News flash: you don’t need someone else telling you how fabulous you are, you need to tell YOURSELF how fabulous you are.
I’ll go first. Here are a few things I appreciate about…ME:
- that I’ve been able to make tough decisions this year, and survived.
- that I get up out of bed every morning no matter how hard it is.
- that I write (almost) every day.
- that I’m self-aware and pay attention to the whys in life.
- that I can publish posts like this one.
- that I deeply believe in telling my story as honestly as I know how because it will help at least one person somewhere out there.
- that even when I don’t call friends and ask them to tell me how fabulous I am, I at least ask them to read my blog.
What about you? I hereby give you permission to appreciate yourself.
3 thoughts on “appreciate yourself because sometimes no one else will”
*love* this one: “I deeply believe in telling my story as honestly as I know how because it will help at least one person somewhere out there.”
Thanks, Tara! Definitely appreciate knowing what readers connect with — helps keep me motivated to tell that story.
Yes, it did ! 🙂