Janna Marlies Maron (she/her) is a professional editor with nearly 20 years of experience helping writers to complete their projects and produce the best work possible. Her experience includes time as a magazine editor, college professor, agency editorial director, and content director for a popular internet brand. Her life’s work began when she was a kid writing in a spiral bound notebook, and she has since turned an MA in creative writing into a successful career as an editor, publisher, and director of her own business supporting women authors writing nonfiction. In addition to founding and editing Under the Gum Tree, she‘s the host of More to the Story, a podcast all about creative nonfiction, as well as private online community for nonfiction writers also called More to the Story.
Listen & Subscribe:
In the episode I talk about:
- What’s been happening in the past three years, since the last season of More to the Story
- The importance of stepping back and taking a break when necessary
- Self-care as an essential component of work and life
- Showing up for the people you care about
- My new business working with nonfiction authors
- More to the Story, my private community for nonfiction authors. Find more info at jannamarlies.com/community
- Nonfiction Bootcamp, the 9-month coaching and editing program designed to help nonfiction authors finish a complete draft of their book manuscript. Find more info at jannamarlies.com/nonfictionbootcamp
- The best way to stay in touch with me is to subscribe to my email list at jannamarlies.com
Thanks so much for tuning in to this season of the More to the Story podcast! Visit us online at moretothestorypodcast.com and visit Under the Gum Tree at underthegumtree.com. Follow Under the Gum Tree Twitter and Instagram @undergumtree. Follow me on Twitter @justjanna and @jannamarlies on Instagram.